They founded the store Nielsvins together in 1948, they also ran the restaurant La Couronne at the Grand Place and for two years, they were owners of the restaurant Claridge in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
As a result of their success, the Argentine government asked them to represent the Argentine restaurant at the universal exposition of 1958 in Brussels.
After the exposition,Albert and Georges Niels decided to each go their separate ways. The children of Georges did not continue in the restaurant business.
Albert continued to work with his 3 sons (Michel, Philippe and Albert-Jean). They opened 3 new restaurants. Au Vieux Saint Martin in 1968, La Marie Joseph in 1971 and Au Duc d’Arenberg in 1974. Albert died in 1978. His 3 sons take over his business. Philippe and Albert-Jean decided to get split from their older brother Michel mid of the eighties. In 1992, Philippe and Albert-Jean decided to open a new restaurant also called Canterbury at the “Etangs d’Ixelles”. Uncle Georges died in the US/Florida State in 2000.
Philippe and Albert-Jean decided to split each other and to work with their own children, in 2011.
Albert-Jean (son of Albert) and Frédéric Niels (grand son of Albert) run the restaurant Au Vieux Saint Martin. This brasserie is open 7 days a week and offers the best of Belgian specialties.
In 2015, AJ & F Niels opened a new restaurant called “Au Grand Forestier” which serves Belgian Food, with one of the most beautiful terrace of the capital.